Why I "removed" KitPVP. (And the future of BlockMania.)

• @Choons i do not agree with the kitpvp server being shut down, you could utilize ranks in the server easily, and replace the raid mode with it. i bet i have the same requests that everyone has right now, bring back the kitpvp server, and utilize it so there are donator ranks. pay back the pre donators by giving them a special rank, easy right?, and i have never owned a server which is as popular as this one, and i know more about what the community wants and what i should do instead of going on and on about how you are "losing money", the server's current state is NOT making any money. Overall, if you don't draw in players, the servers fate is not what you will want it to be.

• also, if kitpvp was a temporary server, make it a full server as the EXACT copy of it, dont change the name or the maps. The raid server is literally a factions server, when the server you were trying to reproduce that actually had potential of making money, is a kitpvp server, kitpvp and factions are not the same. The factions server (i do not care if it is called raid, it is barebones faction) is dead already, and kitpvp was NOT dead when you removed it, so what is your point of making money when the server you made to make money does not make any money? Keep trying new things, listen to the community, and have a good day.

• @ZiggyWiggy I have to agree with this. If you have Raid, it might as well become factions so you can at least claim your base and make a team. The party option thing is there, but it's kinda meh. I had Also built a nice house out near the border and it got griefed which kinda made me sad and I stopped playing. So I totally see where you're going with this.

We also need a way to get people to play Bow

• Owner

@ZiggyWiggy

Did you read anything I wrote?

The raid server is literally a factions server,

No, it's a raid server, a mode that we made 7 years ago.

when the server you were trying to reproduce that actually had potential of making money, is a kitpvp server

I'm not trying to reproduce it, I literally just moved the kit commands to raid.

The factions server (i do not care if it is called raid, it is barebones faction) is dead already

Again, it's not factions, you obviously haven't looked at the features it has. It was never alive, it's not dead. I haven't advertised raid or anything else on the network.

The raid server is already complete with hundreds of features and custom made content, the "kit server" was just a command block that gave you a kit and teleported you to another arena.

so what is your point of making money when the server you made to make money does not make any money?

No clue what that means... but if you had read the post, I said there's no room to make premium ranks that make money on a kit server and you haven't suggested a single idea for how to do that, you just went in circles saying the kit server had more people over and over. I know it had a few more people, and I addressed that in the post too..
    More people does not = more money if we don't have anything to sell to them, and if we wanted more people we would advertise on our website that gets millions of views.

The raid server already has premium ranks and features set up.

you could utilize ranks in the server easily, and replace the raid mode with it

If it's so easy, why didn't you suggest a single thing we could give them? And no, I'm not replacing a completely custom made raid server that has hundreds of custom features and a premium rank structure already set up, with a vanilla kit server.

• Owner

@psychicberry said in Why I "removed" KitPVP. (And the future of BlockMania.):

I have to agree with this. If you have Raid, it might as well become factions so you can at least claim your base and make a team. The party option thing is there, but it's kinda meh. I had Also built a nice house out near the border and it got griefed which kinda made me sad and I stopped playing. So I totally see where you're going with this.

That's the whole point of RAID, you're supposed to be able to raid people.

• @Choons I know but how am I supposed to protect my base.
    "Hide it underground" Well you can't because It'll get x-rayed, you can at least claim in factions but still get griefed with like tnt or drt

• Owner

@ Choons I know but how am I supposed to protect my base.
    "Hide it underground" Well you can't because It'll get x-rayed, you can at least claim in factions but still get griefed with like tnt or drt

We have extensive x-ray protection if it does get xrayed, and most bases do not because we catch people before they get very far.

The whole point of the gamemode is to be able to raid people. There's a feature on there (that isn't enabled on this map) that lets you track people down.

• @Choons Alright, but that's the problem, nobody enjoys this raid idea because they can't protect anything and don't want to play due to the risk of losing there base and items, especially with this new "find people esp" function you'll implement, you can't even hide.

• Owner

@ Choons Alright, but that's the problem, nobody enjoys this raid idea because they can't protect anything and don't want to play due to the risk of losing there base and items, especially with this new "find people esp" function you'll implement, you can't even hide.

"this raid idea" was what spawned the first large Minecraft network ever and the first large pvp server, years before HCF and potpvp and all of that existed. There are most certainly people willing to play it, we just don't have a way to get everyone to all join and start at the same time right now.

But regardless, your argument makes no sense, you're posting on a thread talking about the KIT server, whether or not you can get raided doesn't affect the kit pvp at spawn at all. On the kit world on the hub you couldn't have a base at all, you just got a kit and then died and got another kit. On raid you can do the same with the /leather and /iron commands and choose not to make a base.

• I wasn't here to see the kitpvp server. This seems like a very reasonable choice and I completely agree with this choice!

Looks like your connection to NameMC Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.