[SERIOUS] Do you think changing usernames soils the purity/originality of an account?

• Maybe I have OCD, but I've had the same name for such a long time, and I feel like if I change my username, the originality of my Minecraft account is ruined. What about you? It makes my skin crawl when I see a Minecraft account with like 15 name changes.

• Haha, I have to agree with you, but hey my original name was "coolgamer208" it's not very original.
    Good job keeping that ign for a long time.

Btw I have 15 name changes. <3

• @Kvso Oh boy! It must be hard to settle down, huh? Being honest, if your name history didn't show up and it only ever showed your current name, I might just change it.

• Banned

This post is deleted!

• Exactly why I've never changed my username lol

• Owner

@Grize said in [SERIOUS] Do you think changing usernames soils the purity/originality of an account?:

Maybe I have OCD, but I've had the same name for such a long time, and I feel like if I change my username, the originality of my Minecraft account is ruined. What about you? It makes my skin crawl when I see a Minecraft account with like 15 name changes.

Well then the forums for a name-changing website is a weird place to hang out.

• @MaryHelen Lmao, you be you, and I'll be me, but I think I'll settle down for now.

• mmm.... I like changing my username sometimes but not to often. I also like to make it similar to the last username

• @MaryHelen You shouldn't have changed it,

• I think that having your account lost its originality is a matter of opinion, I had the same feelings about my first account, skystormer2002, which is why I bought multiple accounts just for having new names. I have a friend who has access to all sorts of OG named accounts but still uses his original "waldo66066," and also another who has 15 name changes that doesn't seem to care. Overall I think it is a matter of opinion whether you think changing your name makes your account different.

I also have to say that it was difficult switching mains but I'm glad I did it.

• @Orial Also I used to go by the name dankmemes41414 so everything I just said is instantly nullified.

Looks like your connection to NameMC Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.