Here's a little rant

• ~Lets talk about weeaboos~

Some see it as disgusting
    Others don't really care

But when it comes to just talking about anime out in public literally nonstop all I hear is "Ew your a weeb". Okay first of all no. Just no. Anime just so happens to be something that I enjoy to watch in my spare time. Yes sometimes I go binge watch a few series. But seriously why automatically assume that anyone who watches anime is a weeb. Whether its a true statement or just a joke sometimes being called a "weeb" is kinda hurtful. Like I don't go out into the open and start like making fun of feminist or some other group of people because in today's world that's wrong. But calling someone a weeb isn't seen as wrong at all. The literal definition of a 'Weeaboo' is someone who abandons their own culture in pursuit of Japanese culture. It's kinda the equivalent of calling that person a disgrace to their own race. To be honest I think thats screwed up.

But thats just my opinion.

I can't really change anyone's mind on the topic but whatever. Putting my output on a topic like this puts me at ease. Feel free to respond how ever you want ._.

• This post is deleted!

• 0_1488941161314_upload-1eaab53c-8b9a-478f-9e50-9ea7b27facae

• man up to being a weeb and get over it

• This post is deleted!

• BlockMania Administrator

yet still has anime in signature lol

• From urban dictionary:

Weeaboo
    -Someone who is obsessed with Japan/Japanese Culture/Anime, etc. and attempts to act as if they were Japanese, even though they're far from it. They use Japanese words but usually end up pronouncing them wrong and sounding like total assholes. You can find a lot of these faggots clogging up the forums of Gaia Online, hanging out in the international aisle of the supermarket, or crowding the manga section of your local bookstore. Synonym of wapanese.
    I told that weeaboo girl over there that Inuyasha sucks. She slapped me across the face and proceded to cuss me out in Japanese.

• If your American. I can confirm that you're 70%+ weaboo. You're obsessed with Japanese Culture? You're a weeb. There's nothing wrong with being a weaboo but it's not a fact you want to share with your friends. I'm kinda a weeb but I don't fucking go around tossing facts that I own a body pillow (I Don't It's Fucking Gay) or I just finished season 189 of Naruto.

• Idc if you like anime I like it too but

don't get a body pillow.

and i think that making a whole profile theme full of it counts as an obsession.
    u do u, i'm not here to judge

i have many obsessions and i feel you

• okay I totally agree but a friend of mine is a literal weaboo
    she has to pause and go on google if we ask a question, translate it into Japanese, and say it

we're like "oh my fucking god just please stop"
    anime everything.
    I even introduced to anime and she's obsessed
    anime names
    anime profile pictures
    anime everything
    she's even going to an immature anime convention just because she heard that I'm going to Otakon
    I'm so shook
    but I mean really honestly good opinion.

eDIT: o my god
    she just said she knows how to speak Japanese
    google translate is not what you call "knowing Japanese"
    fml omg

• @whule I'm a 1/4 japanese cause of my grandpa on my moms side and 3/4's chinese but born in New York

• wow interesting

Why do we need to know you watch hentai on the your bathroom and you try to copy the way they speak, it's the internet just ignore it how hard is that.

• @Kaytherine said in Here's a little rant:

0_1488941161314_upload-1eaab53c-8b9a-478f-9e50-9ea7b27facae

tysm. COUGH @whule

@whule said in Here's a little rant:

If your American. I can confirm that you're 70%+ weaboo.

ily2

• Why do you care? People are gonna judge you stupidly and that's not gonna change.
    And if you care because someone you like thinks you're stupid because you like anime, maybe you should think if that person is really worth a shit.

• People who simply like anime aren't necessarily weebs (or Otaku)

Weeaboos (in definition) are people who want to be Japanese, that they are willing to reject their culture and origin because they think that Japan is superior.(Source: Urban Dictionary)

Some people just fail to use it but it is already in our mind that anyone who like anime will be automatically be named this term. Sure it is messed up (I mean really messed up) to be one. But I am sure actual Weeaboos have their own reasons. Maybe they are absolutely lonely or couldn't find a purpose in their life.

Obsessive otakus in Japan are also treated the same way as weeaboos though. So they are literally living like those Hikikomori seen.

I think people should adjust how people will define see Weebs, Otakus, and Anime Fans.

I consider myself as an anime fan. As I like to watch anime a few times but really love the art style shown. I also watch english dubs most of the time and I have a bad taste compared to the "elitists"

• Or, you're just to damn sensitive. Idgaf if someone calls me a weeb. I don't understand why people value attention from those who don't like them. I'll never understand that....

• @StarGuardianJinx said in Here's a little rant:

People who simply like anime aren't necessarily weebs (or Otaku)

Weeaboos (in definition) are people who want to be Japanese, that they are willing to reject their culture and origin because they think that Japan is superior.(Source: Urban Dictionary)

lmao, Urban Dictionary is a joke. Weebs are people who like anime, if you like anime you're a Weeb.

• Ignore them ^.^

• @SquishyDog77 thanks for being cool :)

• @_Kyouka <3 xD

Looks like your connection to NameMC Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.