NameMC bug - made me angry

• Owner

The upcoming names come directly from Mojang and are 100% accurate.

If you look at the page - mine.ly/skinny - the name was taken exactly 37 days after it was changed on "1/22/2017 @ 2:12:20 PM".

The times it shows on the Upcoming list are automatically adjusted to your timezone based on your computer's clock. If that's set wrong, then you'll be shown the wrong timezone.

• @Choons nope, I was UTC +0.00
    I understand what you're saying, but I promise, you from my experience there is a bit of a lag, in the display, and when the name is actually available, fact that Skinny was taken exactly 37 days after doesn't matter, he clearly used a name sniper and so, didn't use the NameMC countdown. There's no point telling me it's 100% accurate, because it's not.

• Owner

@lestrafe said in NameMC bug - made me angry:

@Choons nope, I was UTC +0.00
    I understand what you're saying, but I promise, you from my experience there is a bit of a lag, in the display, and when the name is actually available, fact that Skinny was taken exactly 37 days after doesn't matter, he clearly used a name sniper and so, didn't use the NameMC countdown. There's no point telling me it's 100% accurate, because it's not.

Any sniper that automatically checks the time would be using the same source as us... You're the first person out of hundreds of thousands of users a day to ever bring this up.

• @lestrafe Exactly what choons said. You are wrong, it is accurate. Anything done wrong is user error.

• @Choons @Pyrotechnic
    well... no and no
    im probs the first person because no one else would be stupid enough to try a name they dont want.
    same source? idk, I think name snipers have a clock that continuously request the name change

pyro, you're repeating yourself and so I will repeat myself, I'm just saying that there is a little error, I made no mistakes in reading the droptime and checking my time, maybe you'd like to try it out yourself go for a name with 10-20mins remaining I dare you

• @lestrafe Oke. I tried to snipe the name kyogre onto a brand new account 10 minutes before drop to see if new accounts could get names before they dropepd. They couldn't. If you want me to prove this I can screenshot my page it says "You have an UN-redeemed copy of minecraft available" or something like that.

I also tried 5 minutes and 1 minute before the drop. Never happened.

• I believe its 100% accurate, I managed to get the name Confessions when I had multiple competitors. Thankfully, I have decent ping so my internet didn't delay at the moment.

Anyways, you're wasting your time arguing about a name in a block game. In a month you can change your name to hopefully something better. gl! :stuck_out_tongue:

• @Pyrotechnic proof? jk xD
    @Confessions aight? no one name sniped is tho? and thanks haha yeah I know

• @lestrafe Lemme get the proof.

• 0_1488413276796_Screenshot_29.png

• Owner

@lestrafe said in NameMC bug - made me angry:

@Choons @Pyrotechnic
    well... no and no
    im probs the first person because no one else would be stupid enough to try a name they dont want.
    same source? idk, I think name snipers have a clock that continuously request the name change

pyro, you're repeating yourself and so I will repeat myself, I'm just saying that there is a little error, I made no mistakes in reading the droptime and checking my time, maybe you'd like to try it out yourself go for a name with 10-20mins remaining I dare you

I'll test it. But you took "LeStrafe" 1 minute after it became available and I've never had another complaint about the countdown being wrong. I'm just going by probability here.

• @Pyrotechnic 'jk'
    @Choons I understand. But I'm only telling you what happened from my perspective
    Can you lock this please Choons? I don't see this going anywhere

Looks like your connection to NameMC Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.