NameMC bug - made me angry

• link to my rage post explaining the bug

so the name was definately 'upcoming' it was like 7th with 30min or so remaining, and it changed my name idek tiny bug, the timings are not accurate.

• @lestrafe Idk m8 timing is pretty accurate...

• @Pyrotechnic no, it's really not

• If you're complaining about your name change;; Don't you need to confirm your name change? Why would it just randomly change your name? If it's a name you watched, shouldn't you have wanted it?

I don't see your real problem my dude.
    The times are accurate for me? Maybe you just misread it...

• @Faithivious look, I made a mistake in what I did
    but what I'm saying is that the droptimes seem accurate but they're not, I did not misread
    I'm saying this so that others don't make the same mistake... maybe, and also, when you're trynna snipe a name, you're never gonna get it while relying on NameMC. I'm also saying this so that NameMC could be improved :D

• Owner

The upcoming names come directly from Mojang and are 100% accurate.

If you look at the page - mine.ly/skinny - the name was taken exactly 37 days after it was changed on "1/22/2017 @ 2:12:20 PM".

The times it shows on the Upcoming list are automatically adjusted to your timezone based on your computer's clock. If that's set wrong, then you'll be shown the wrong timezone.

• @Choons nope, I was UTC +0.00
    I understand what you're saying, but I promise, you from my experience there is a bit of a lag, in the display, and when the name is actually available, fact that Skinny was taken exactly 37 days after doesn't matter, he clearly used a name sniper and so, didn't use the NameMC countdown. There's no point telling me it's 100% accurate, because it's not.

• Owner

@lestrafe said in NameMC bug - made me angry:

@Choons nope, I was UTC +0.00
    I understand what you're saying, but I promise, you from my experience there is a bit of a lag, in the display, and when the name is actually available, fact that Skinny was taken exactly 37 days after doesn't matter, he clearly used a name sniper and so, didn't use the NameMC countdown. There's no point telling me it's 100% accurate, because it's not.

Any sniper that automatically checks the time would be using the same source as us... You're the first person out of hundreds of thousands of users a day to ever bring this up.

• @lestrafe Exactly what choons said. You are wrong, it is accurate. Anything done wrong is user error.

• @Choons @Pyrotechnic
    well... no and no
    im probs the first person because no one else would be stupid enough to try a name they dont want.
    same source? idk, I think name snipers have a clock that continuously request the name change

pyro, you're repeating yourself and so I will repeat myself, I'm just saying that there is a little error, I made no mistakes in reading the droptime and checking my time, maybe you'd like to try it out yourself go for a name with 10-20mins remaining I dare you

• @lestrafe Oke. I tried to snipe the name kyogre onto a brand new account 10 minutes before drop to see if new accounts could get names before they dropepd. They couldn't. If you want me to prove this I can screenshot my page it says "You have an UN-redeemed copy of minecraft available" or something like that.

I also tried 5 minutes and 1 minute before the drop. Never happened.

• I believe its 100% accurate, I managed to get the name Confessions when I had multiple competitors. Thankfully, I have decent ping so my internet didn't delay at the moment.

Anyways, you're wasting your time arguing about a name in a block game. In a month you can change your name to hopefully something better. gl! :stuck_out_tongue:

• @Pyrotechnic proof? jk xD
    @Confessions aight? no one name sniped is tho? and thanks haha yeah I know

• @lestrafe Lemme get the proof.

• 0_1488413276796_Screenshot_29.png

• Owner

@lestrafe said in NameMC bug - made me angry:

@Choons @Pyrotechnic
    well... no and no
    im probs the first person because no one else would be stupid enough to try a name they dont want.
    same source? idk, I think name snipers have a clock that continuously request the name change

pyro, you're repeating yourself and so I will repeat myself, I'm just saying that there is a little error, I made no mistakes in reading the droptime and checking my time, maybe you'd like to try it out yourself go for a name with 10-20mins remaining I dare you

I'll test it. But you took "LeStrafe" 1 minute after it became available and I've never had another complaint about the countdown being wrong. I'm just going by probability here.

• @Pyrotechnic 'jk'
    @Choons I understand. But I'm only telling you what happened from my perspective
    Can you lock this please Choons? I don't see this going anywhere

Looks like your connection to NameMC Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.