im going to post a meaningful post today!

• Today i'm going to talk about displacement reactions- metal displacement reactions.
    So, what are displacement reactions you might ask? They are reactions that replace a weak reactive metal to a stronger reactive metal.

Ex. If you put magnesium into a 10 cm3 copper sulfate solution, sooner or later you will start seeing the copper slowly beginning to substitute the magnesium. Mg + CuSO4 → MgSO4 + Cu

In more simpler words, the copper will substitute into the magnesium and the magnesium will go into the sulphate solution, making a colourless magnesium sulfate solution.
    Although, no reaction is seen if you do things the other way round – in other words, if you put copper powder into magnesium sulfate solution. This is because copper is not reactive enough to displace magnesium from magnesium sulfate.
    Diagram: alt text

This is a diagramof the reactivity of metals: (excluding carbon)
    alt text

• it's not shitpost if it's helpful

• i thought i already have enough schoolwork to do

god dammit whule

• interesting

too bad I'm not taking science this year :')

• If you just copy it from another forum its a bad post.

• @Pyrotechnic I wrote the dialogue myself but the diagrams i had to get from websites

Looks like your connection to NameMC Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.