Minecraft Charity Event - Recruiting!

• Hello all!

I am Mistri, and I'm currently leading an unnamed Minecraft charity event. This charity event will span the length of a weekend, and will include famous Minecraft YouTubers, streamers, and high status people throughout the Minecraft community. People will pay some undetermined amount (for example $5) to be able to join the server and play with their favorite YouTuber/streamer, etc. I have plenty of nonprofit and charity experience under my belt, and I have a clear direction of where we will go.

We will be using a custom core and gamemodes that I built for my Minecraft network with my amazing team of developers, so the backend and frontend of the server are already complete. I do, however, need developers to patch bugs and create some custom plugins, web developers to build the site with me, builders to fix up the lobby and lounge, graphic designers to create logos/swag for our event, and finally sponsorship team to secure a host and sponsors for the event.

I'll also need a few moderators for the charity, but I will most likely be picking them by hand closer to the event.

If you would like to apply, please check these requirements:

• All Staff Members - (you will not receive pay as this is a charity, but you will receive credit for developing for the team) Must be able to speak (with voice and in chat) on Discord. Must be able to contribute at least 10 hours of work per week. Must be at least 13 years of age. Must be able to follow instructions and communicate using Slack in a timely, polite, and effective manner. Must be able to complete tasks under a deadline.
    • Developers - Must have at least a year of experience with Java, Bukkit/Spigot, and MySQL OR must have experience with either Node.js or PHP, as well as MySQL and some good frontend/backend development skills. Must be able to work with our own custom core and API (for Java only). Must be able to work well on a team. Must be able to work with git, gitlab, and github. Must have prior experience developing a plugin/site with proof, and must be able to provide code for us to evaluate.
    • Builders - Must have at least a year of experience building. Must be able to build efficiently and maturely without playing around. Must be able to provide a portfolio (image portfolio like imgur or custom website) with images of previous builds.
    • Graphic Designers - Must have at least a year of experience with 3D rendering OR 2D editing with Photoshop or another 2D image manipulation platform. Must be able to draw freehand logos with a keen design taste and a passion for drawing. Must be able to provide a portfolio (image portfolio like imgur or custom website) with images of previous work.
    • Sponsorship Team - Must be at least 15 years of age. You will be talking to high-status companies, YouTubers, and streamers over the phone, so this is a very selective position. You must have experience working for an organization where you were required to talk to outside companies. This could be experience organizing a hackathon, another charity, etc. This last requirement may vary. If you think you may have experience in this field but you are not sure, feel free to apply anyways. Alternatively, if you do not have experience like this but you are a seasoned community manager, or someone that has a lot of experience with handling people, this could be an opportunity for you to learn from people who know how to talk to potential sponsors, and contact companies in a professional manner. If you think this applies to you, you may send in an application, but please note that you may not be accepted.

If you meet all these requirements, please apply using this form.

I'm looking forward to review all of your applications. If you are rejected, you may or may not be notified. If you are accepted, you will be notified via email with further instructions.

Thank you for your time!

Looks like your connection to NameMC Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.