Launcher Bug - Help!

• Hello,

So for some reason every time I launch Minecraft (click the .exe) it redownloads like this:
    alt text
    This, in itself, is annoying but after it doing it once it usually works for around a day and then starts again. However, now when I do it it ends with this:
    alt text
    (Censored part of path is PC name)
    It won't launch at all until I fully re-download the launcher, and even then, the issue returns within a day. I've tried the .msi launcher and that also doesn't work.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks
    Alfie

• Oh goodness. I've seen multiple people have problems with this today..
    I just tried it, but it's working fine for me...
    Just re-download MC? I really am confused, idk what to do about it..

• @Faithivious Yeah the issue is coming for a lot of people since they launched their new launcher or something probably, it's very annoying and I already tried re-installing MC as I said.

• @SquallyTheWally Try an alternate launcher, download it on https://minecraft.net/en-us/ :o

• Off topic: hey squally :3
    On topic: Just delete the application completely, reinstall from Minecraft's homepage. If problem still persists, make a backup of .minecraft directory and try again.

• @Mistri Hey bud,
    Yeah I tried that, I've literally deleted everything and just fresh installed Minecraft and it's working fine now.

Touch wood

• Sry
    I never had this problem in my lyfe. Wish I can help ;/

Looks like your connection to NameMC Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.