Basic Building Tips 4 Dummies

• I decided to be semi helpful for once
    PLEASE NOTE THAT I AM NOT A PROFESSIONAL BUILDER OR REALLY THAT GOOD

Trees

• Don't make everything a "perfect" pyramid, box, or some other strangely geometric shape
    • alt text bro just stop
    • Feel free to spam blocks however you like. (it may look bad at first like this image since I was really lazy and made the tree float, but it'll end up much better after you practice spamming blocks)
    • alt text

Houses

• Make the ceiling atleast 4 blocks tall so you can actually decorate and not bang your head on the wall
    • Add depth, put the framework on the outside, set the walls back 1 block, set the door back, extend the roof, and avoid extremely blocky pyramid over cube houses
    • The roof doesn't always have to be staircase on staircase or slab on slab
    • Add some contrast, dont make the whole thing out of oak
    • One aspect doesn't have to consist of only one material, the roof can be a mixture of stone, logs, and a variety of clay
    • alt text

Terraining & Fluids idk

• Give your lakes some depth, some parts are deeper and other parts will be shallow unless you're making a completely flat pool
    • Lakes do not appear out of nowhere (so do pools oml line your pools with slabs). They are put in places with lower elevation from the surrounding areas
    • Use night vision or put your gamma up to 9999 and use water breathing along with that for underwater things or if you're working in water (please note that in the gif below, I am not using watervision but I have my gamma up at 9999
    • alt text
    • learn to master voxelsniper it will save you time
    • Go insane and make tall mountains, waterfalls, ect. (too lazy to write a whole list sdfjsdalfks)
    • PYRAMID HILLS ARE A BIG NONO.
    • The terrain is round and jagged, not perfectly pointy or stuff
    • AND BAD HAND MADE MOUNTAINS ;-;
    • volcano, hill, other hill, cave, and lake alt text

Misc

• Circles are circles, they aren't diamonds. Never go perfectly diagonal if you are making a circle.
    • alt text

i'm too lazy to build more and type more

• BlockMania Administrator

@butwhyme nice one, it really isn't hard to make things look good and you pointed that out very well

• Banned

Wow must have took you a while to write all that, Anyways nice tips.

• noicenoicenoice

• BlockMania Administrator

I liked the first tree, that looks nice.

• @Gameplan said in Basic Building Tips 4 Dummies:

@butwhyme nice one, it really isn't hard to make things look good and you pointed that out very well

@HardlyHacking said in Basic Building Tips 4 Dummies:

Wow must have took you a while to write all that, Anyways nice tips.

@Mannors said in Basic Building Tips 4 Dummies:

noicenoicenoice

@Mooshroom said in Basic Building Tips 4 Dummies:

I liked the first tree, that looks nice.

• I'm so excited that the circle point was mentioned, because I feel like circles are a huge point in planning out and I see people make diamonds all the time and it just--- it kills my soul.

• I can't edit the thread omg no ;-;
    forgot to add this cough the blank point under houses
    alt text

• Nice job, well explained

• I JUST REALIZED THAT THERES ALSO A BLANK POINT UNDER THE TERRAINING WATER SECTION THING OH NO ;-;

• It's a shame to say that many people need this.

• Owner

Temporarily featuring this useful informative post on the sidebar. Thanks for your contribution!

• Owner

@butwhyme said in Basic Building Tips 4 Dummies:

I JUST REALIZED THAT THERES ALSO A BLANK POINT UNDER THE TERRAINING WATER SECTION THING OH NO ;-;

Fixed. Let me know in a PM if you want anything else edited.

• @Choons :D No problem

• Gg on staff pick.

• Please teach me how to make a circle, @lolmemer4lyfe69

• @6x0 0_1481646272819_Screenshot 2016-12-13 at 11.23.25 AM.png cough cube mountain cough

• these tips are very useful, even though my builds still look trash !!

thats because i cant build though ;-;

• @iChill make a + shape and then make more lines off the plus shape and then put smaller lines diagonal of the lines off the plus shape and then connect the smaller lines diagonal to the bigger lines which connect to the lines that create your crosshair

or just fiddle around, starting with a crosshair with flat sides
    myeah

• @lolmemer4lyfe69 SHOW ME

Looks like your connection to NameMC Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.