The name 8 wtf is that...

• As some already know there is a user with the name of "8" without anything else, it is very rare and the first time I saw it is shocked because as you know in MC can not be less than 3 letters and is something strange and I do this since I would like to know how that user got such a name since names like that are not seen every day

No doubt as rare as two users have the name "fly"
    I would like someone to tell me how is this possible and nothing more to add Cya

(Sorry for the english not my native language)

• This post is deleted!

• when minecraft first came out you could have gotten any ign you desired but that was in the beginning now its impossible unless you buy a og with under 4 letters

• idk what is it

• @Rokuroh In the early stages of minecraft there was no minimum amount of letters/numbers in an ign so you could call yourself literally anything

• Owner

No there was never a time when you could get 1-letters normally, you could get 2-letters though.

• @Choons said in The name 8 wtf is that...:

No there was never a time when you could get 1-letters normally...

Well if that's the case, then I'd like some answers as well.

• @Choons then how did people get 1 letters?

• Owner

Your signature makes no sense.. you ruined the pun. It's supposed to be "7 8 9"

• @Choons Handing out the L's like...
    alt text

• Owner

@Mub said in The name 8 wtf is that...:

@Choons then how did people get 1 letters?

Various exploits.

• Owner

@Rokuroh said in The name 8 wtf is that...:

As some already know there is a user with the name of "8" without anything else, it is very rare and the first time I saw it is shocked because as you know in MC can not be less than 3 letters and is something strange and I do this since I would like to know how that user got such a name since names like that are not seen every day

No doubt as rare as two users have the name "fly"
    I would like someone to tell me how is this possible and nothing more to add Cya

(Sorry for the english not my native language)

There are many 2-letter names, a few 1-letter names, and lots of duplicated names.

I can't say too much about it but:

Most of the 2-letter names came from very early in the game when there was no minimum character limit on usernames, and then many were bought/sold/traded/stolen since then (all of which is against Mojang's terms.)

All 1-letter names were created by Mojang employees and then players gained access to them using various exploits.

And there have been more than a few username duplication exploits in the past, they all get patched pretty quickly and all of the duplicates get locked.

• @Choons interesting stuff

@Choons said in The name 8 wtf is that...:

But that's just it! Everyone knows the 7, 8, 9 joke, so I added "5Hz the most" at the end to make it original.

6 was afraid of 5 because 5Hz the most
    => 5 hurts the most
    => 5 hurts more than 7?

no?
    You people don't understand the art of comedy... :rolling_eyes:

• Owner

@5Hz said in The name 8 wtf is that...:

@Choons interesting stuff

@Choons said in The name 8 wtf is that...:

But that's just it! Everyone knows the 7, 8, 9 joke, so I added "5Hz the most" at the end to make it original.

6 was afraid of 5 because 5Hz the most
    => 5 hurts the most
    => 5 hurts more than 7?

no?
    You people don't understand the art of comedy... :rolling_eyes:

I get the joke.... But you said "7 ate 9", you could still keep the old punchline which is "7 8 9" and it would be the same WITH your additional punchline.

• @Choons Actually, you've got a good point there; people probably aren't going to read it out loud anyway.

• 8 was a part of an exploit. And 8 is not the only one. They're G, X, Z although half are either locked or owned by mojang. The only one that are still active is 8 and G

• Owner

@Bleach Yeah that's what I said. There was also Y, R, and $. During that exploit a while back where you could see which email was attached to accounts, most of them were mojang staff emails.

• @Choons Wait so is the ign "8" Cracked?

Looks like your connection to NameMC Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.