Group Additions/Ideas. (Long Post)

• I understand that this whole forums thing is still being worked on so there's obviously going to be more additions at some point. However with the work-in-progress type Groups thing, so far I'm assuming you only have Blockmania Admin, Owner, and Banned.

So obviously since the site is basically apart of BlockMania, the server is going to be heavily supported or whatever. But since on the forums you are open to discuss other servers such as Hypixel, Cubecraft, MineHQ, etc, I thought that maybe at some point, it would be cool to also see group support for other servers, besides just Blockmania, like if you are staff on a different server, then you could maybe request verification for it to show that you really are staff/support or whatnot, and it would show something like "(server) Jmod" "(server) Dev" etc, or just have it down as "Helper" or "Mod" but that might cause confusion between Blockmania Admin and just regular Admin groups so idk.

Maybe even apply the same thing but with having a certain Cape or maybe even a known role within the community, like making content or creating maps, something like this for example. Minecon Attendant, Forge Mod Maker, Cobalt Contributor, Realms Map-maker, Texture Artist, maybe even donating for a rank on BlockMania, and etc.

However as I've read before on a separate thread response by Choons, it'd be rather difficult to sort through verifications frequently so that certain groups could be added, A way to make this easier is probably to make a verification section where you would provide your server forums link to show that you really are staff on a certain server or that you are the author of a certain known resource pack maybe, but again, I'm assuming it'd still be difficult to actually sort through all of that.

And maybe even have this displayed on your NameMC profile itself in a Group bar/NameMC rank although I'd assume NameMC rank is for a role just on Namemc.
    Also, I think "Main Occupation" fits better than Group but group still works fine (for me anyways). ^_^
    And if I say anything that doesn't really make sense or whatever and whatnot then I apologize, its kinda hard thinking while watching videos, making skins for friends, and browsing forums at the same time.

• @Xoko Yeah, I was recently thinking about that too.
    The NameMC forums seems to allow any player to speak about a variety of servers (rather than one specifically). I agree it would be neat to see other server groups join in. However, it would probably be best fair if those servers met certain requirements.

Just my thought.

• Owner

The forums have a built-in group section, it's not a high priority but I'd like to make it so people can make their own groups at some point. I may make discussion groups for large servers or fan groups for large Youtubers, etc.

But yeah, like you said, anything that requires manual verification will most likely not happen. We can't be dealing with checking proof and people trying to exploit that. Not to mention when people lose their staff rank on servers then we have to also verify that, which would also involve a third person telling us about it.

We're going to allow people to advertise their servers because we want this to be a large community site like PlanetMinecraft, but we're not trying to turn it into a server list. Anything like that will go on NameMC itself, on the server list we have there.
    Eventually you'll be able to claim ownership of servers on there somehow and edit the server's description page.

• @Choons I'm glad to hear your response, thank you for looking over what I've said and also for providing me additional information about not just the topic, but the site in general. I also really appreciate you taking time out of your busy day to look over this discussion.

• Owner

@Xoko No problem. We always appreciate suggestions and feedback. Let us know if you have any other ideas!

• I would LOVE more server groups because there is only admin banned owner and builder. Possibly instead of having everybody make their own group they have to be registered for a month and they have to be in the top 20 top reputation or top 20 posters or even have at least 20 followers. That would make it less spammy. Possibly even top groups?

• Owner

@6x0 said in Group Additions/Ideas. (Long Post):

I would LOVE more server groups because there is only admin banned owner and builder. Possibly instead of having everybody make their own group they have to be registered for a month and they have to be in the top 20 top reputation or top 20 posters or even have at least 20 followers. That would make it less spammy. Possibly even top groups?

I'm not adding fancy rewards like that to users with high rep when it's like the same 5 people that just shitposted for a week straight to get to the top. At least not until there's better spam protection and those are audited.

• @Choons Yes lol I would hope that is a given. I'm just looking forward to it coming soon. Hopefully in 2017 at least. (I don't know how long it takes to code)

• @Choons said in Group Additions/Ideas. (Long Post):

@6x0 said in Group Additions/Ideas. (Long Post):

I would LOVE more server groups because there is only admin banned owner and builder. Possibly instead of having everybody make their own group they have to be registered for a month and they have to be in the top 20 top reputation or top 20 posters or even have at least 20 followers. That would make it less spammy. Possibly even top groups?

I'm not adding fancy rewards like that to users with high rep when it's like the same 5 people that just shitposted for a week straight to get to the top. At least not until there's better spam protection and those are audited.

"Shit posted for top 5" there are some actual top 5 ppl who don't actually spam and shit post but ok

• @Choons
    Tbh coding a custom cape for donations sounds cool and having your own server pack for like 5 usd each (yes I know that this was not mentioned if you were wondering)

Looks like your connection to NameMC Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.