Watercooling or Air Cooling?

• So, I am looking to buy a new CPU cooler, should I buy a watercooler or an aircooler. I live in Sweden so I can't use amazon but feel free to link me watercoolers and aircoolers. I'd also really appreciate if you could give me your opinion on what cooling I should get. Thanks!

• Marcus

• This post is deleted!

• BlockMania Administrator

It all depends on what youre doing with your PC. In most cases, a decent air cooler is perfect for keeping your CPU cool. Even for gaming, if the airflow is good, watercooling of any sort is not necessary.

One of the most popular air coolers is the Hyper 212 EVO

• @Unknown said in Watercooling or Air Cooling?:

It all depends on what youre doing with your PC. In most cases, a decent air cooler is perfect for keeping your CPU cool. Even for gaming, if the airflow is good, watercooling of any sort is not necessary.

One of the most popular air coolers is the Hyper 212 EVO

The only problem is that I have a Micro-ATX motherboard with not alot of space for decent air coolers.

• You can use water cooling underwater but you can use air cooling underwater. Also water cooling doesn't make noise.

• This post is deleted!

• What's the point in asking the question if you think water cooling is unnecessary m?

• BlockMania Administrator

I would recommend checking the deminsions of the Hyper 212 EVO and seeing if it may fit within your case.

@TheTrueAvocado said in Watercooling or Air Cooling?:

You can use water cooling underwater but you can use air cooling underwater. Also water cooling doesn't make noise.

Water cooling does make a noise, the pump is the source of it.

• @1101
    like @Unknown is saying, a decent air cooler is what most gamers needs. However, if you're planing to overclock your system you might be better off to use a water cooled system. More often than not, a stock cooler does the trick.

Tips if you're planing to buy a water cooling soulution:

• Look for all in one soulutions (its a pain to set up a custom loop)
    • look for think radiators
    • check out reveiws (forums and youtube vidoes) of x y z radiator
    • check what kinds of fans that comes with the soulution
    • water cooling might be a better option if airflow is limited

Tips for airflow:

• Bigger computer case
    • Airflow optimised fans
    • medium sized cooler

Everyones taist is diffrent, Im rocking a aircooling thats huge in my system. Since its so large it allowed me to have huge lov powered fans. which in returns give a super quiet system.

Websites to check out: Komplett.se , prisjakt.nu

Just pm me if you wounder about anything else :)

Looks like your connection to NameMC Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.