CPU Overheating?

• Hey, ever since I got my new GPU (GTX 1060 6GB SC) my PC has been shutting down randomly, sometimes it just shuts down. And sometimes one of the fans in my computer (not intake or outtake) starts making hella noise, and then the PC shuts down. I have of course checked so my PSU has enought power to keep my system running (its a 500W one) and my theory is that the CPU is overheating. My GPU is keeping its normal temperatures even under heavy load (max 73C). My CPU however, reached 92C after only playing Black Ops 3 for 10 minutes. Is the CPU perhaps bottlenecking my GPU? I of course turned the settings up when I got the new card, and it has been running BO3 on max settings 1080p with around 70FPS avg. Now, its gonna take more CPU power to have all these high settings than it would take if I used the settings with my old card (GTX 745 4GB). Perhaps the CPU is overheating because of this? I will leave all the temps below aswell as all my specs.

CPU: AMD A10 6700 3.7Ghz (Idle: 70C, Under load: 92C)
    GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB SC (Idle: 30C, Under load: 73C)
    Motherboard: Orchid-S
    Memory: 1 4GB 1600Mhz stick + 1 8GB 1600Mhz stick (12GB total)
    PSU: 500W
    Fans: 1 intake, 1 outtake

• BlockMania Administrator

What cooler do you have on your CPU? Is it a stock cooler or aftermarket? I recommend you try replacing the thermal compound on the CPU. The cooler may not be properly seated on the CPU. Otherwise, my guess would be your new card is causing cooling issues in some way.

It's important to note that not cleaning your PC will cause overheating problems. When was the last time you thoroughly cleaned it?

As for the fan, it just seems like it's dodgy. Might need to buy a new one if it's causing too much noise.

• @Unknown said in CPU Overheating?:

What cooler do you have on your CPU? Is it a stock cooler or aftermarket? I recommend you try replacing the thermal compound on the CPU. The cooler may not be properly seated on the CPU. Otherwise, my guess would be your new card is causing cooling issues in some way.

It's important to note that not cleaning your PC will cause overheating problems. When was the last time you thoroughly cleaned it?

As for the fan, it just seems like it's dodgy. Might need to buy a new one if it's causing too much noise.

I bought the PC prebuilt as a HP Pavilion 500-317no ( http://support.hp.com/se-sv/document/c04441833 ). I have switched out the chassi, the 180W power supply and the GPU of course. I cleaned the computer with compressed air a couple of days ago. I believe that the cooler is a stock one? As said, I bought it prebuilt. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

• I have a GTX 1060 it never happens to me, maybe it's your CPU,

• @iChill said in CPU Overheating?:

I have a GTX 1060 it never happens to me, maybe it's your CPU,

Yeah I think so, just wanna see what everyone else thinks before I decide what to buy.

• I have an i5 6600k it runs pretty well

Looks like your connection to NameMC Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.