EULA

• I was wondering who here actually is in favor of the EULA and who doesn't I would like to see your thoughts in the comments.

• EULA did make MC die a lot, But I felt like it was good part on them because it would of gotten rid of the paid to win servers which I really disliked. Even a YouTuber named SSundee even admitted that he loved paid to win servers. It was a really smart/terrible idea by Mojang. But I'm on both sides. I really really wished they made the rules so strict too on the ELUA.

• BlockMania Administrator

How would you like it if someone was making money from your game, and you got nothing from that person, except for laughs? That's the question.

I think that EULA is fair to some standard, but without getting money from the players, the server will eventually die, running out of profits. So the only way to get money is to offer something that gives you an advantage, but when EULA took that away and only allowed things like cosmetics it killed lots of servers that counted on that income, now that these servers only get profit from the people who buy these cosmetics, it doesn't leave much money to develop and make the server better, never mind even being able to sustain the server at all.

• This post is deleted!

Yes, but that's no reason not to enforce the EULA that they've always had.

• I didn't like the fact how they changed the EULA rules. It was really annoying through an Owners Perspective example: TheCampingRusher in his faction series he talks about it around episode 800-900 about EULA and how they have to comply and stuff.

• Owner

@Unknown said in EULA:

How would you like it if someone was making money from your game, and you got nothing from that person, except for laughs? That's the question.

Do you think Minecraft would be anything close to what it is if servers didn't carry along the community for so many years? Half of the Bukkit team work for Mojang now... Just to name one huge thing that wouldn't have happened without servers.

• This post is deleted!

@Choons said in EULA:

@Unknown said in EULA:

Do you think Minecraft would be anything close to what it is if servers didn't carry along the community for so many years? Half of the Bukkit team work for Mojang now... Just to name one huge thing that wouldn't have happened without servers.

Oh, I totally agree. I am against the EULA, but I can just see why they did it. They seemed to have gone "well now that we have their money, let's screw them over".

I respect that they don't want people buying/selling/trading accounts, and don't want servers selling off $500 ranks. The rest I don't see a need for.

• eula is shit, it ruined a lot.

• Instead of Mojang enforcing all these rules and regulations on to these poor minecraft networks I think that they should just take a percentage of the income that the servers make from using their game, You would have to making a considerable amount of money on your server for this "EULA" to come into play but for the huge networks I doubt this would be an issue.

• EULA f***** servers that were in between too big to be effected and to small to care. But besides that, I think it's stupid players can't sell accounts to eachother. I ALSO THINK IT'S STUPID WE CAN'T HAVE 1-2 LETTER NAMES BUT Mojang could care less.

• Now that I think about it eula wouldn't have really been a problem for one reason. Server owners should have originally read the eula when they made a server and not have broken the rules in the first place.

• I honestly think the EULA is quite simple and fair
    Mojang specifically coded their game, textured it, ect, and got it to this point through many years of work, and then server owners are gaining off of their work with little to no work by simply selling these perks that give people advantages
    Like yeah, I understand that it takes money to fund a server, but Hypixel and other large servers are able to fund their servers and for the millions of people who come on without breaking the eula, therefore other servers are able to fund their server without having to break the eula

plus, it aint your game ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• @butwhyme I agree. Like I said it wouldn't be a problem if people didn't break rules in the first place.

• I'm totally in favour of the EULA and I wish my main server would comply to it .-. It would get rid of webstore items that broke the eco survival server's economy.

• @eradiicate Eco survival does not need a web store xD.

Looks like your connection to NameMC Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.