Forum Suggestions.

• First of all I just wanna say that this thread will be similar to @Mannors thread (Forum Ideas!) but I thought that I might aswell share my suggestions to see what you all think.

1. I think that the cooldown to post messages should be shortened down to atleast 20 seconds, my arguments for this are that there are more people willing to help, give constructive critique and just share thoughts around the diffrent forum topics than there are people that are here mainly to "shitpost", which I'll come to in the second suggestion.

2. Now, I have not looked in to this which I probably should have before writing this, but I think a report system should be added for members of the forum to use when spam, hate speech, or other things that aren't tolerated are posted here. Now ofcourse this can be abused for many reasons, but I still think its a pretty good idea.

3. "Ranks" or "Tags" in front of your name, now of course you wouldn't have to pay for these, but earn them. By helping people or just being a good and positive person in general on the forums you would earn small tags or such. Now I have yet to come up with name ideas, but feel free to do that if you want. A reason why I think this should be a thing is because this can help a member of the forum decide who is more trustworthy. Now you can take help or advice from ANYONE on this forum if you feel like it, but atleast I would feel more comfortable taking help or advice from someone that is known on the forums and has some sort of tag to tell me that "Hey, this guy is trustworthy".

Feel free to give your opinions on this or improve my current suggestions.

• I like your suggestionz, they should really add them. Also maybe a way to look at a players stats on different servers with a switch to disable them or enable them! (just a suggestion 😋)

• I agree with the Ranks or Tags! That would be a great feature to add it.

• @Mercii Thanks! And I do like that idea.. :)

• Well written, we both have the same concept. Nice.

• @Mannors Thank you :)

• I think thread owners should be able to request that their thread be locked if it gets spammed or a flame war occurs.

• @TheTrueAvocado I like that idea!

• BlockMania Administrator

@1101 said in Forum Suggestions.:

First of all I just wanna say that this thread will be similar to @Mannors thread (Forum Ideas!) but I thought that I might aswell share my suggestions to see what you all think.

1. I think that the cooldown to post messages should be shortened down to atleast 20 seconds, my arguments for this are that there are more people willing to help, give constructive critique and just share thoughts around the diffrent forum topics than there are people that are here mainly to "shitpost", which I'll come to in the second suggestion.

I disagree, the forums need to have this cooldown to avoid spam posts. If there are people willing to help and give constructive criticism and share thoughts that require immediate responses, they can use the chat feature.

1. Now, I have not looked in to this which I probably should have before writing this, but I think a report system should be added for members of the forum to use when spam, hate speech, or other things that aren't tolerated are posted here. Now ofcourse this can be abused for many reasons, but I still think its a pretty good idea.

There is an option to "flag posts for moderation." This option can be found at the bottom right of a post with the 3 little dots.

1. "Ranks" or "Tags" in front of your name, now of course you wouldn't have to pay for these, but earn them. By helping people or just being a good and positive person in general on the forums you would earn small tags or such. Now I have yet to come up with name ideas, but feel free to do that if you want. A reason why I think this should be a thing is because this can help a member of the forum decide who is more trustworthy. Now you can take help or advice from ANYONE on this forum if you feel like it, but atleast I would feel more comfortable taking help or advice from someone that is known on the forums and has some sort of tag to tell me that "Hey, this guy is trustworthy".

Ranks will be added eventually.

Thank you for your suggestions.

• @Hapoo Alright! Thanks for your thoughts on this :)

• This post is deleted!

• These are all fantastic Ideas! They are really cool too! I hope they implement all of these in here! :D

• @Nadri said in Forum Suggestions.:

These are all fantastic Ideas! They are really cool too! I hope they implement all of these in here! :D

Glad to hear you like them!

• @Sonarize said in Forum Suggestions.:

I like the tags idea. There could be something like helper and active and stuff like that, that would encourage people to use the forums to try and achieve.

Thanks for your opinion :)

• @1101 No prob! Hope it gets implemented

• Owner

@1101 said in Forum Suggestions.:

First of all I just wanna say that this thread will be similar to @Mannors thread (Forum Ideas!) but I thought that I might aswell share my suggestions to see what you all think.

I didn't want to have to set this so high but I think it's necessary to regulate the spam a little bit. I do intend to lower it after a few things are fixed/added:
    1, I need to finish setting up the moderation system and add my staff's ranks and ability to moderate.
    2, I need a way to add two separate cooldowns to creating new topics and replying to existing topics.
    3, I plan to add reputation tiers that lower all types of forum restrictions as you gain more rep. But only when the reputation is easier to moderate and harder to abuse.

1. Now, I have not looked in to this which I probably should have before writing this, but I think a report system should be added for members of the forum to use when spam, hate speech, or other things that aren't tolerated are posted here. Now ofcourse this can be abused for many reasons, but I still think its a pretty good idea.

You can, just click on the button to the right of the up/down vote buttons and click "flag this post for moderation."
    If you don't have the option now, that will be fixed soon.

1. "Ranks" or "Tags" in front of your name, now of course you wouldn't have to pay for these, but earn them. By helping people or just being a good and positive person in general on the forums you would earn small tags or such. Now I have yet to come up with name ideas, but feel free to do that if you want. A reason why I think this should be a thing is because this can help a member of the forum decide who is more trustworthy. Now you can take help or advice from ANYONE on this forum if you feel like it, but atleast I would feel more comfortable taking help or advice from someone that is known on the forums and has some sort of tag to tell me that "Hey, this guy is trustworthy".

Same answer as above, I plan to add reputation rewards that are earned automatically and also given but only when the reputation system is fixed up and not as easy to abuse.

Feel free to give your opinions on this or improve my current suggestions.

Thanks for the suggestions and I hope those answers clear things up for a lot of people!

I've been working on hard to fix everything up but there's still lots to do but this is already a huge community and it's only going to get bigger so I will be actively improving it for the foreseeable future.

• @Choons said in Forum Suggestions.:

Thanks for clearing things up! Also, will people be able to apply for ranks on the forums? To moderate and such?

• Owner

@1101 Eventually, yeah. I'm going to start with people I know and staff from my server since they've been loyal and I know I can trust them, but I'll definitely need more than that once things are a little more polished.

(I edited your post so it's not as big and people can see mine better, I'd like more people to see my answer to these great questions since a lot of people have been asking about the same things.)

• @Choons said in Forum Suggestions.:

@1101 Eventually, yeah. I'm going to start with people I know and staff from my server since they've been loyal and I know I can trust them, but I'll definitely need more than that once things are a little more polished.

Sounds exciting, expect to see my application ;)

Looks like your connection to NameMC Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.